Riders Plus Insurance has recognized that the privacy and protection of personal information is an important issue. We have developed these Privacy Guidelines to describe our commitment to privacy, and explain the principles that guide us in protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
Personal Information is broadly defined as information about an identifiable person. It includes but is not limited to, your name, address, contact information such as phone numbers and email address, health and financial information, your driving record, and prior insurance experience.
Riders Plus, its directors, officers, employees and other persons and organizations who act for, or on behalf of Riders Plus Insurance, are required to comply with these Privacy Guidelines.
Access to personal information is restricted to directors, officers, employees and other persons and organizations who act for, or on behalf of Riders Plus, who need the information in order to provide services to our clients or to Riders Plus.
Our Privacy Principles
- Accountability – Riders Plus is responsible for personal information under its control, including information that may be transferred to a business partner performing services for Riders Plus.
- Identifying Purposes – Riders Plus identifies the purpose for which they collect personal information either before or at the time that the information is collected.
- Consent – The knowledge and consent (which may be implied or express) of the customer are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection – Riders Plus only collects personal information that is necessary for the purposes identified. Information shall only be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the customer or as required by law. Personal information shall only be retained as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy – Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and current as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards – Riders Plus protects the security and confidentiality of personal information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness – Riders Plus Privacy Guidelines are available to clients and the public. Upon written request to the corporate compliance officer, we will provide a copy of these guidelines, and respond to inquiries about our practices relating to personal information.
- Customer Access – Upon request, a customer shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and shall be given access to that information. Customers shall have the ability to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance – A customer shall have the ability to challenge the compliance of Riders Plus with the above principles with the Corporate Compliance officer.
Protecting Your Personal Information
Riders Plus will not sell customer information or lists to others for marketing or other related purposes.
Concerns, Inquiries or Requests
Any concern, inquiry or request related to privacy should be made in writing. Send or e-mail to:
Mary Sharpe, Privacy Officer
Riders Plus Insurance
5 – 80 North Queen St
Internet Legal Disclaimer
This Site is owned and operated by Riders Plus Insurance Inc.
- General Disclaimer
THE MATERIAL AND INFORMATION IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED. NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY IS MADE REGARDING CONTENT, FUNCTIONALITY, LINKS, OR COMMUNICATIONS, INCLUDING NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO DEFECTS OR ERRORS OR CORRECTION OF THE SAME, COMMUNICATION INTERRUPTIONS OR INTERCEPTIONS OR LOSS OF DATA, OR THE ABSENCE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any opinions, advice, services or other information provided. All information contained on any page set up by an entity of Riders Plus Insurance is distributed with the understanding that the authors, publishers and distributors are not rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice or opinions on specific facts or matters and accordingly assume no liability whatsoever in respect to your personal situation.
Riders Plus Insurance completely disclaims all liability for the use of the information contained on this site by any user, including any losses, damages, lawsuits, claims or expenses anyone may incur as a result of using this information. Further, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in no event shall Riders Plus Insurance be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of the information herein even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise noted, the graphic images, button, layout and text contained in this Web site and in sites of other companies of Riders Plus Insurance are the exclusive property of Riders Plus Insurance and may not be copied or distributed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Riders Plus Insurance. Permission is granted to print copies of this document, and to display and use this document with a computer solely for personal use.
Riders Plus Insurance cannot guarantee that any Hyperlink set out on the sites will be accurate at the time of your access. Moreover, the sites pointed at by a Hyperlink are developed and possibly maintained by persons over whom Riders Plus Insurance has no control. We cannot and do not monitor the sites linked to our pages on the Internet. Accordingly, Riders Plus Insurance assumes no responsibility for the content of any sites referenced by any Hyperlink or otherwise.
A link from this Site to another Site (or a link from another Site to this Site) does not constitute a referral, endorsement, approval, advertising, offer or solicitation with respect to such Site, its contents, or any products or services advertised or distributed through that Site. Riders Plus Insurance believes that the links it provides to other publicly accessible Sites, Web Pages, newsgroups, and other sources is legally permissible and consistent with the common, customary expectations of those who make use of the Internet.
Without the written consent of Riders Plus Insurance, no person and no Site may make a link to this Site, whether to its home page or to any internal page.
- Data Protection
Riders Plus Insurance has the right, but not the obligation to monitor any transmission made to and for this Web site.
- Software Quality
Riders Plus Insurance does not warrant that any information, software or other material accessible through one of their Web pages is free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful components.
- User Conduct
When accessing or making use of any part of this Site, you may not:
post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any national or international law;
post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful component; interfere with the functioning of this Site or restrict or inhibit any other user from using this Site; post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or exploit any information, software or other material obtained through this Site for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Riders Plus Insurance.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DAMAGE THIS SITE OR UNDERMINE ITS OPERATION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. RIDERS PLUS INSURANCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Commission Disclosure – Due to financial disclosure issues in the insurance market place Riders Plus wants to ensure you are aware of our commission ranges on the business we insure. We receive commissions that range between 5% and 15% for both new and renewal business. We will also notify you should there be a change in the commission schedule or any other material change that affects compensation arrangements.
Contingent Profit – insurance companies recognize our efforts through Contingent Profit Commission (CPC) contracts. Payment of this CPC depends on a combination of growth, profitability, volume, retention and increased services that we provide. CPC is not guaranteed.
Last updated – April 2017