Riders Plus Insurance Privacy Statement
Riders Plus Insurance has recognized that the privacy and protection of personal information is an important issue. We have developed these Privacy Guidelines to describe our commitment to privacy, and explain the principles that guide us in protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
Personal Information is broadly defined as information about an identifiable person. It includes but is not limited to, your name, address, contact information such as phone numbers and email address, health and financial information, your driving record, and prior insurance experience.
Riders Plus, its directors, officers, employees and other persons and organizations who act for, or on behalf of Riders Plus Insurance, are required to comply with these Privacy Guidelines.
Access to personal information is restricted to directors, officers, employees and other persons and organizations who act for, or on behalf of Riders Plus, who need the information in order to provide services to our clients or to Riders Plus.
Our Privacy Principles
- Accountability - Riders Plus is responsible for personal information under its control, including information that may be transferred to a business partner performing services for Riders Plus.
- Identifying Purposes - Riders Plus identifies the purpose for which they collect personal information either before or at the time that the information is collected.
- Consent - The knowledge and consent (which may be implied or express) of the customer are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection - Riders Plus only collects personal information that is necessary for the purposes identified. Information shall only be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the customer or as required by law. Personal information shall only be retained as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy - Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and current as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards - Riders Plus protects the security and confidentiality of personal information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness - Riders Plus Privacy Guidelines are available to clients and the public. Upon written request to the corporate compliance officer, we will provide a copy of these guidelines, and respond to inquiries about our practices relating to personal information.
- Customer Access - Upon request, a customer shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and shall be given access to that information. Customers shall have the ability to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance - A customer shall have the ability to challenge the compliance of Riders Plus with the above principles with the Corporate Compliance officer.
Protecting Your Personal Information
Riders Plus will not sell customer information or lists to others for marketing or other related purposes.
Concerns, Inquiries or Requests
Any concern, inquiry or request related to privacy should be made in writing. Send or e-mail to:
Myron Kuepfer, Privacy Officer
Riders Plus Insurance
5 - 80 North Queen St
Riders Plus Insurance. Protecting You and Your Ride.